The following items are NOT to be purchased without EXPRESS written permission to purchase by an authorized owner on letterhead and verified by an Encore representative…
Aluminum Concrete Forms – Permission from a contractor for a named contractor or individual to sell for scrap. As a rule, the sale of this item should be questioned unless the items are visibly defective or damaged.
If purchased they MUST be purchased as “Concrete Forms” and MUST be paid for by check on the date of purchase or cash following a 3 day hold on payment. (GA SB-82)
Aluminum DOT Signs – Any road signs, street signs, etc., MUST have permission from the City, County, or State for a named contractor or individual to sell for scrap.
Cemetery Brass – Permission from a Cemetery for a named contractor or individual to sell brass vases and/or markers for scrap. As a rule, the sale of this item should be questioned unless the items are visibly defective or damaged.
Manhole Covers / Grates / Fire Hydrants – Any municipality owned items MUST have permission from the City, County, or State for a named individual to sell for scrap.
Railroad Scrap – Permission from the railroad only, rail tracks, ties, etc., even on someone’s personal or business property, track is only leased from the railroad, never owned by the business or individual. Any sale MUST be accompanied by permission for a contractor or named individual to sell rail for scrap from one of the major rail lines.
Because of our concern for the environment and in accordance with all County, State, and Federal laws enforced by the EPA and the EPD, we cannot accept certain materials as they are potential sources of hazardous substances. More specifically, we cannot accept material which contain items such as but not limited to the following:
- Any material containing Asbestos or other Contaminants
- Beer Kegs
- Gas Tanks or items having flammable material
- Light Ballast containing PCBs
- Oil and/or Oil Filters
- Paint Cans
- Radio-active materials
- Tires (other than those attached to a delivered vehicle)
- Any item conataining CFC’c – Please note that the Clean Air Act regulations prohibit the release of CFC’s, anyone selling an item that has contained CFC’s is REQUIRED to sign a statement certifying the removal prior to sale.
Excessive garbage, dirt, or other non-metalics, including but not limitied to oil or grease, concrete, glass, rubber, or wood will result in a deduction and may incur a disposal fee of $80/gt with a minimum charge of $25.00.
Air Conditioner Coils
Effective July 1, 2012 it will be unlawful for a Georgia Secondary Metals Recycler to purchase an air conditioning coil unless from a Licensed Contractor or another Secondary Metals Recycler:
Licensed Contractors (pursuant to Chapter 14 of Title 43 of the O.C.G.A.) include: electrical, plumbing, conditioned air, low-voltage and utility contractors.
Seller’s MUST meet one of the three following criteria to sell AC Coils:
1. The Contractor must provide a copy of their valid (current and un-expired) license at the time of sale. The valid license must be scanned or photocopied at the time of the sale, or on file at the secondary metals recycler.
2. Another Secondary Metals Recycler that is in compliance with the documentation requirements of Georgia law and provide such documentation at the time of the sale.
3. A seller that can provide documentation that the coil(s) being sold are the result of a replacement of condenser coils or a heating/air conditioning system performed by one of the licensed contractors mentioned above.
*** Please note that automobile and widow air conditioner unit coils are exempt. And Coils that are still contained within an HVAC unit are exempt.***